“Winter is the king of showmen; Turning tree stumps into snow men
The morning light, through the trees on a dusting of snow covering an icy-patch.
Weekly Photo Challenge – Shadowed.
Stars in my eyes!! Such an unexpected gift!! Thanks so much to Lifestyles with Lia for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. You are very kind. I’ll do my best to life up to it. 🙂
Here are the guidelines for “The Versatile Blogger Award”:
Show the award on your blog.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 blogs.
Link your nominee’s blogs & let them know.
So…. 7 things about me:
1. I’m an aspiring minimalist…..but I can’t seem to let go of too much stuff at once. So, slowly…ever so slowly, I’m working my way through years of accumulation and settling for being a “medium-ist” for the moment.
2. I love music! But I’m not at all muscial. I never, ever sing…unless I’m complely, utterly alone. And even then, I’m a little nervous.
3. I love spending time by myself. (….of course, I also love time with family & friends….) It’s all about balance.
4. I also love meeting new people. I get a bit of a thrill out of making a new friend.
5. When I’m alone, I have a habit of taking on tasks that should probably wait. For instance, just back from a trip to the Osteopath to pop a rib back in its proper place, I’m inspired to move a queen sized mattress two flights upstairs. Today. By myself! Even though I know it is illogical…..I move ahead with the project. (the mattress in question is presently wedged mid-way up the second staircase…and the day isn’t over, yet!)
6. I really, really don’t like being cold. And yet, I love living in this place, which is a cold place. (-20C today…..oh! so cooooold!!) But then…it is January …. and this is Canada.
7. Although I’m looking mid-life square in the eye and have 2 university degrees, I don’t feel like I’m completely finished with formal education. I enjoy searching university calendars for interesting courses of study, but haven’t actually signed up for one in over (OMG) 25 years. But hey! You never know!
Now its my turn to make some nominations. Just as Lia did, I will nominate 2 bloggers:
Drop by and visit these sites…..you’ll be glad you did! 🙂
Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering “It will be happier” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
Obviously, New Years Day (Champagne, Fireworks!!) starts us off on day 1, month 1 ….. a blank canvas of opportunity, wish lists and resolutions. One of my favourite things to do this time of year, is to open a brand-new calendar – the old fashioned kind that I can hand on my kitchen wall – and go through it, noting birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and other important dates. …..A little OCD? maybe 😉 …….It represents a document of anticipation (and, yes, order).
Following that, the beginning of the growing season offers fresh hope and infinite potential as seeds sprout and leaves unfurl to reach for the sun. For sure, it’s also a time of hard labour and fretting. But, oh! The world if so full of possibility!
And then, there is the return to routines and schedules in the late summer/early autumn. For me, at least, that time almost always feels like a fresh start. I’m ready, then, to settle down to a different kind of work.
Each of these represent equal opportunities to hit the “refresh” button. Be happy! 😀
This photo was taken in the spring, as the first pea shoots reached for the trellis.
New: Weekly Photo Challenge
Tripping the world, slowly
Ramblings of a retiree in France
And then I stop and sit and eat.
Life in Full View: A Photographer's Journey
“The most we can do is to write — intelligently, creatively, critically, evocatively — about what it is like living in the world at this time.” Oliver Sacks. “To take a photograph is to align the head, the eye and the heart,” Henri Cartier-Bresson
The thoughts, dreams and ideas of an insignificant speck of humanity in the Universe 😀
Life Experiences, Poetry, Short Stories, Path to Good Health
My view of this wonderful and crazy life - as I travel and explore.
Poems & Photographs
רגעֵי חיים, יריעת הבלוג של L אורגת מילים | The blog-cloth of L Weaves Words